About creatine ?

Started by vassili, November 11, 2008 · 21 Replies · 7,451 Views

vassili

What you think about creatine ?

I want to take it to boost my perf , i do almost a OAC and front lever.

Creatine is very usefull or not ? increase a lot of strength ?

i wish to have mind of somebody have already do the experience.

Gregor

You won't feel anything diffrent if you are not profesional athlete...

vassili

However , more and more amateur use it.

For example , jim from beatskills.com use it ...

I wish to boost my perf , what way so ?

Gregor

You can try it, if you want it->it's not expensive product. Use:5-10g per day for monohidrat.

vassili

5-10 g !

I read the limit was 3 gr/day , but if you say.

i take just training day ?

Gregor

depends on what creatin you use (monohidrat, malat, etil-ester, alpha-keto-gluterat,...) for monohidrat 5-10g, for etil ester 3-6g per day....

No, use is for every day. And no loading faze is neccesery and no pause with use->that is all from new studys

Last month I saw a study that shows no long terms changes in health so it's completly safe (use well known brands, not some chineese cheap brands).

vassili

Yes , i just read that the loading faze was'nt necessary.

Yes , i want to take monohidrat creatin , so 5-10 g as you say i'll take during my training's day.

thank you very much for all advices.

Scott Malin

See the already-existent thread below for some discussion on the topic.

http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=486

kbryk

Yes, the loading phase is not needed, and I would recommend that you don't do it, because it is simple for "loading" by that I mean stacking your body up on a compound that will not metabolize. Keep to around 5-10grams a day, and I would say before a workout. I don't understand why the recommend taking Creatine after working out, because the main goal of the compound is to help with ATP, in simpler terms energy. The enzyme that metabolizes the Creatine compound happens to be most abundant in muscle cells, which is great, but if you consume to much it doesn't do much.

Creatine is not direct energy, but keeps a higher ratio of the main energy molecules of ADP and later ATP after another phosphate group has been added.

Basically I would use Creatine only in high repetition situations, because of the fact it is related to energy, it should raise your performance level, as you are wanting but to how high of a level? I wouldn't say that much, but it's there on small level, you won't notice it personally, but you body is going to.

Main things to remember, stick with Creatine before the workout I would say 30 minutes or so, as money bottles say, if you do take after you are using Creatine for its other properties or just getting strong in your muscles and retaining water, Creatine is also not directly related to muscle growth, amino acids, and proteins are so worry about those more.

Gregor

2 times a day 5 grams on more or less empty stomach.

Garre33

I took that stuff for a few months, and it dehydrated the crap out of me and I started getting severe headaches during my workouts... and be prepared to lose chunks of your muscles if you decide to stop taking it...

Gregor
Garre33 said:
I took that stuff for a few months, and it dehydrated the crap out of me and I started getting severe headaches during my workouts... and be prepared to lose chunks of your muscles if you decide to stop taking it...

nonsense...If you drink 2-3 liters per day it can't dehydrate you...What muscle loss???? You think you can gain muscles from creatin? It doesn't work like this.-> with full creatin mean more ATP and more food to your muscles because with cratin use you gain maybe half kilo from more water in your cells->,pre water in cells->more food->better regeneration. More ATP->more strenght

About hydration: with more creatin use there is more creatinin wich is no use to a body. So this waste goes trough kidneys and to the urine, so more kidney work more water you need....

Garre33

I DEFINITELY gained more muscle mass when using creatine, and my friends who used it also agree that the mass you gain when using creatine is mostly water retention, and you lose that when you stop taking it...

Gregor

Water and muscle is not the same,...you can gain maybe half kilo, in rare ocasions 1kg! It's diffrent story if they use something "strange" or in other word doping. Defenitly not from creatin that kind of weight.

Garre33

I'm sure you know a lot more about creatine than I do, but I do know that I'll just stick with protein and vitamins... haha

Gregor

I just pointed what you can expect and what is can not from creatin. I didn't try to promote the substance...

Blairbob

I've heard rumors most of the water retention/weight gain has to do with the monohydrate forms. Ethyl Ester sounds like the way to go. While it's more expensive, it's still not super expensive as some stuff like Beta-Alanine.

My experiences with creatine is that if you're workouts last over an hour, it's a waste. For typical gymnastics workouts ( short ones at just under 2 hours to long ones at 3-4 hours ), creatine just doesn't stay in your system long enough unless you were to take it so it can be used toward the end of a workout ( say final conditioning ). That's just a pain to constantly be intaking glutamine and creatine during a workout besides whey protein.

kbryk

Yes, like I said Creatine is not directly related to muscle gain, it is related to energy if anything, as you increase your workouts and the exercises become more anaerobic/lactic that's when Creatine plays a role. From what I've heard and seen people have a misconception that leads them to having a placebo effect, like most supplements; and I love going to gyms and seeing people raging with the placebo effect that Creatine gets you pumped, more energy and some how creates more muscle, stick with the protein and vitamins and water, that's what will work the best.

As for the dehydration, I've never seen a case of this, nor do I think it's likely, of course it affects people differently, such as is Coach Sommer's case with his stomach bleeding I believe ti was.

rambo5501

use max 5 grams 2 time a day. more than that, you are probably just wasting it.

Ortprod

I have used creatine for a while, both in mixed forms (like superpump, trac, etc) and as a monohydrate on its own. I have read that creatine will not get absorbed into the system unless taken with something that will cause somewhat of an insulin response and that taking it with protein was found to have the best results.

http://www.creatinemonohydrate.net/crea ... er_15.html

Not telling anyone to run out and drop $$$ on supplements but info about stacking creatine with beta-alanine is also around:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17136944

I have done it and I like it.

I take creatine right after my training session.

when to take it? See:

http://www.gain-weight-muscle-fast.com/ ... atine.html

Blairbob

the data on beta alanine looks pretty good. it's unfortunate that my budget doesn't really allow for creatine, glutamine, and basically anything. I still buy whey and use it somewhat, however I drink a lot of milk. it works good enough. i like using glutamine, but wasn't ever impressed by creatine.

i think if i took multiple does of creatine throughout a typical gymnastics workout or before S&C at the end, I would have had better results or if I split my conditioning and skill work into 2 seperate workouts.

now that i typically only workout for 1hour plus, it might make more sense.

Gregor

You must take at least one month Beta Alanin to get the best results. It's about carnosin level in a body...