Oldest person to ever do a backflip?

Started by RatioFitness, July 11, 2012 · 1 Replies · 12,831 Views

RatioFitness
The Guinness world record for the oldest person to perform a backflip is Walter Liesner (Germany, b. 14 January 1913) who was 94 yr 268 days when he performed a backflip into a swimming pool, in Wetzlar, Germany.

Source: http://www.worldrecordsacademy.org/spor ... 12811.html

The Guinness site isn't working for me, but I wonder if they have the record for the oldest person to stick a backflip on the ground?

Will check back later to see if the site is working.

Blairbob

Using their search engine, only that record was found.

Which probably means it hasn't been done.

I was thinking George Hery was the oldest I ever saw a couple of years ago when he was doing them in a harness for a tv spot for the gym he worked at. A couple of years before that I think he used to do them at Congress and he was in his late 60s then. He says he doesn't do them anymore without a harness and I think Mr. Hery is in his mid 70s now.