Embedded Statics in WOD

Started by Sven Ravnstag, July 9, 2012 · 1 Replies · 2,047 Views

Sven Ravnstag

This question came up some time ago in the WOD section, but I don't think it was ever answered. I generally practice my statics immediately before the WOD, and I do a separator static session even if the WOD calls for embedded statics of the same variety. I generally do 4 sets of 15sec statics prior to the WOD, plus what usually amounts to an additional 3 (and sometimes as many as 5 on the ring strength days) additional sets of 15 sec if statics are in the WOD. I wanted to check to see if it's appropriate to go for this higher volume of statics when this happens or if the WOD statics take their place, etc.

Blairbob

I would simply keep up to doing the static work you are doing pre-WOD and maybe any static work during the WOD. I wouldn't bother with doing another session post WOD.

Now, I could see doing more static work after the initial 4x15s early in the workout. Something that works at a higher intensity level.