Hi you gymnastic bodies! ![]()
This question is really directed to people who know a lot about this (Coach Sommer, Blairbob, Joshua to name a few) but of course everyone's expertise is welcome. I appreciate any input.
I have a martial arts tourney coming up on the 21st of this Month (2 weeks from today, on Saturday). It will basically involve me performing a kata one or two times in the morning and sparring for a bit in the evening. I might have 4-5 two minute fights. I also may have as few as 3 or as many as 6. Hard to say.
I've been training 6 days a week, with about 8-9 training sessions per week. My strength stuff is done on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and my practice and endurance training is on Tuesday, Wednesday (4+ hours after training session), Thursday, and Saturday. Obviously I won't do any "training" on the day of the tourney, but how do you suggest that I help myself to perform well rested and in good condition?
I don't want to sacrifice my training for this tourney... it's not incredibly important to me. I just want to be able to perform as well as I can while maintaining fairly good training if you know what I mean...
Thanks in advance!
(side note: I'm about to hit 1000 posts! heh)