One arm planche and BW bench press. Literally.

Started by Tavis G, July 6, 2012 · 4 Replies · 2,895 Views

Tavis G

Two impressive feats of strength.

BW Bench Press.

3oqDDdWnkOg

One arm planche(maybe)

1jXm43f_TCg

Vincent Stoyas

Read the very first post under announcements at the top of the page at please. It tells you how to properly post YouTube videos.

MCem222

That two man planche pushup was bananas. I wonder how that compared to other strength feats, like benching or normal planche pushups

Paradox

Hmm, one arm planche - not really. More like a bent one arm piked-hip straddle planche :D I think either Handbalancer or Yuri once posted a link to a Facebook picture demonstrating a man performing a straight leg, straight arm, one arm planche on top of another man's head :shock:

MCem222 said:
That two man planche pushup was bananas. I wonder how that compared to other strength feats, like benching or normal planche pushups

If I am thinking correctly, the two man planche is considerably more easy compared to the standard one man planche. The man on top is a very big counter-lever. Of course, the push up is weighted, but the planche itself is easy. Just a guess, though.

hooligan8200
Paradox said:
If I am thinking correctly, the two man planche is considerably more easy compared to the standard one man planche. The man on top is a very big counter-lever. Of course, the push up is weighted, but the planche itself is easy. Just a guess, though.

Correct. The hardest part of a planche pushup is the torque component, which is reduced when weight is placed above a person's shoulders. It essentially makes for a much harder regular pushup.