This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

BEASTS' Gymnastics Training

Started by Beast, July 6, 2012 · 7 Replies · 548 Views

Beast

GOALS:

Hold an advanced tuck planche for 10 seconds with perfect form (meaning my max hold will probably be longer but uglier)

by october

Hold a straddle planche for any amount of time

15 second front lever

15 second back lever without any pain

330lb zercher squat 1rm

all these by february 2013

THURSDAY (happy birthday to me :-P)

A) 10 second Advanced Frogstands

X 6 (1:30 rest)

B1) 5 Pseudo Planche Pushups (:30 rest)

B2) 10 second Tuck Planche

x 6 (1:30 rest)

C) 3 Handstand Pushups with extra ROM...hands on cinder blocks

x 5

I recorded myself doing the frogstands, PPE's and tuck planches. My forms fine on the frogstands, PPE's my body's drifting back a bit when I push up but by the end of the workout it was minimal, during the tuck planches I cant quite make it look like in the book my knees wont come up as close to my chest as in the picture but I kept trying (my hip height is good, I wobble a bit but it'll stop soon like it did before). I forgot to do standard frogstands.

Vincent Stoyas

Happy birthday, glad to have you aboard!

Fed X

hi

Beast

Hi beasty boy and thanks Vincaroo.

MONDAY

A) 10 second advanced frogstand (1:00 rest)

x 6

B1) 5 Pseudo Planche Pushups (:30 rest)

B2) 10 second tuck planche (1:30 rest)

x 6

C) 3 handstand pushups with extra ROM (2:00 rest)

x 5

D1) 5 tuck v-ups

D2) 20 second tuck L-sit

x 3

So Im pretty "beat up" from this weekend camping. The last night the alcohol took its toll and I was hurtin all day until I started working out, I feel 90% now. Anyways I recorded everything and the PPPU's where good throughout, I even had a few Id call perfect (except for the feet being on the ground haha) and the frogstands and tuck planches looked better than last time. I did an extra tuck planche with the camera off the ground cuz I had a sneaking suspicion that my hips may not be as high as I thought with the camera angle, I was wrong :D guess my proprioception is just a bit off, at least I was doing it right. I will bring some sheets of plywood home about the size of my cinder blocks so I can build up the height evenly, this height isnt challenging enough for just 3 reps of HSPU's I could raise the reps but Id rather increase the difficulty. I only did the tuck l-sits for core because I don't want to do more than my wrists can handle. Speaking of which I made my parallets but I need to take the height down cuz theyre too wobbly, I thought it'd be good to have them about 2.5 feet up so I could use them for other things but the height is just ungainly, I dont trust them. Ill fine tune them tomorrow at the shop.

Beast

TUESDAY

A) 30 second tuck front lever

x 2 (3:00 rest)

B) 30 second advanced tuck front lever

x 2 (3:00 rest)

C) 10 second straddle front lever

x 6 (2:00 rest)

Thats all I did today cuz I have this stupid cough/cold that started just before I went camping but I thought it was just phlegm. It wasnt. I figured static holds would be ok to do and wouldn't stress me so much I can't kick this lil bug. Its been sooo long since Ive been sick haha, I guess it had to happen sooner or later. I stopped the A&B levers early just because I wanted to make sure my form didnt start sucking. Ill keep adding 5 seconds until I get up to 45 seconds and then Ill just be doing one solitary hold from then on until I hit the one minute mark. I've done full front levers before and they are difficult but straddles always give me more trouble with keeping my legs level (they want to still poke up a bit) and my hip flexor strength. It seems funny that straddles are the step before half lays when it seems half lays are easier.

Beast
DAY 1

---Morning

30 minute easy semi fasted run/cardio (protein shake)

---Evening

Planche & Front Lever Static Holds

General Conditioning Circuit

DAY 2

---Morning

30 minute easy semi fasted run/cardio (protein shake)

---Evening

Planche & Front Lever Static Holds

Fartlek Run

Gymnastic Integrated Core

DAY 3

---Evening

Planche Integrated Training

Usual Strength Workout minus any pushing

DAY 4

---Morning

30 minute easy semi fasted run/cardio (protein shake)

---Evening

General Physical Preparedness

Gymnastic Integrated Core

DAY 5

REST

I'm modifying my current plan because I know I will not stick to it (ta-daaa! haha) because I tend to have training ADD sometimes. I jump from wanting to be more focused on my boxing & conditioning to building up to planche pushups all the time so this should sate my desire to accomplish these things without being too much.

I'm using my old trusty template for workouts keeping all my conditioning work the same and the days I do core and strength the same, I'm just modifying them to be more gymnastically inclined as well as doing my static holds on 3 out of 5 days. I am also doing a bit of morning cardio because I feel like I've always focused on my anaerobic systems too much and I've always been curious how effective it was for fat loss. The fasted cardio is my experiment. I'm almost over this damn cold now I think...1 or 2 more days...damn rodney!

Beast

Holy, reading my last post and it has seriously been about that long since I trained, damn rodney indeed.

Anyhow I did some conditioning today. Im in a new place and I half set up my homemade gymnastics rings, theyre not quite fine tuned yet, I think I need to make the handles better and its really hard to find a stud in this ceiling (some fancy decorative crap over the drywall makes it too thick for my stud finder to read well).

WEDNESDAY

5 dumbbell snatches per arm (50lbs)

5 dumbbell swings per arm (50lbs)

10 burpees

5 rounds in 11:55 with 1:00 breaks between rounds.

Holy jesus, that killed me. I havent done any cardio for so long but I still push like I havent even taken a break, that adds up to serious self inflicted pain haha. That is my worst time on that in a long time.

Beast

THURSDAY

15 lateral raises to cuban press (5lbs/hand)

8 lateral raises to cuban press (4lbs/hand)

8 lateral raises to cuban press (3lbs/hand)

8 lateral raises to cuban press (2lbs/hand)

x 2

Im not sure where the other eye hook went for my other "olympic ring". Gotta look around for it.