Hello Everyone,
I'm having a heck of a time troubleshooting a big handstand asymmetry problem. Thank in advance for looking, and especially if you have any suggestions on how to correct it.
I've included videos, photos, and my commentaries below. Thanks!
Asymmetric Handstand on Parallel Bars
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkXUZER5560
On Parallel Bars
Same image rotated 180 degrees (to make it easier to see)
This position *feels* straight, but obviously isn't.
Here are the things I notice:
1. Left Shoulder sticks out to the side more than the right. Needs to be pulled in.
2. Right elbow is facing the camera more than the left (externally rotated more than left arm).
3. Shoulders / Arms are overall slightly more to camera right.
4. Hips / Pelvis are badly uneven, causing legs to fall over.
I've tried correcting by fulling elevating my scapulae, and trying to keep the rotation of my arms equal, but for some reason, when I pull the hips over into what looks straight on camera, it feels as though ALL of my bodyweight is on my right arm.
I've ruled out uneven arm lengths or leg lengths as being the culprit. (Album of posture photos here:
https://plus.google.com/photos/113916532157665914766/albums/5761575506378586801?banner=pwa&authkey=CPLn4fuT2f-0jQE
I do, however, have a slightly elevated right hip in my normal standing posture. It can be seen here:
I'm having lots of trouble getting it straight, even against a wall. The worst part is, that *nothing* feels straight except what's video-recorded and photographed above. Moving forward, I obviously need to recalibrate my feeling of straightness and get it symmetrical.
Thanks for looking, and any helpful comments or advice.
- Andrew
