About 6 weeks ago I stopped training as I had started getting a pain in my sternum which built up to a point where it was painful to do any form of training at all. It was my own fault for trying to do too much too soon and I've learnt a hard lesson because of it.
Now, after 6 weeks without training I felt as if the pain was almost completely gone, so I tried some basic static work after warming up today (60s plank, reverse plank, hollow and arch hold). I was able to get through them without pain but a few minutes after I had finished I could feel it again, not painful like before but just uncomfortable.
My question is, is there anything I can do to speed up the recovery process or get rid of this pain altogether other than just not training and waiting for it to heal? 6 weeks is a really long time for me to go without training and I am desperate to get back into it.