First of all, thank you for dropping in to give advice.
Background: I had been doing Back Lever Tucks the past few weeks with palms facing out, and I had no problems with this, and about to move on to the next variation. Then after reading the appropriate section in BtGB again I noticed something I didn't before: Coach recommended to use palms facing in, but it was optional.
My situation: First time trying this with palms in, great amount of pressure on left elbow, moderate pain during, and my right tricep starting to strain (I'm assuming from compensating for the left elbow). Now I know there's a few other threads about this, but I do not believe they specified the palm direction, and their situation didn't match mine directly, hence the new thread. Sorry if this is redundant but I do have a few questions about this.
My questions: Is this pain normal for this position and not the other? Should I use the painless palms-out tuck and continue with that, sacrificing greater bicep strength, or should I scale down the painful one (to German Hangs) and try to build back up from there with palms-in in the hopes it will be painless later on?
Thanks for you time, I appreciate it
-Masato