This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120703

Started by Coach Sommer, July 3, 2012 · 3 Replies · 1,395 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete four rounds:

60 sec Jump Rope

30m Sled/Tire Sprint

60 sec Jump Rope

20m Squat Jumps

60 sec Jump Rope

10 Depth Jumps

Finish the workout with 2x60 seconds of Seated Toe Point Stretch.

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, you will be performing 60 sec of jump rope in between each of the assigned FBEs.

2) Add sufficient weight to the sled/tire sprints to make the sprints quite challenging; the running should be very strenuous.

3) If you do not have access to a tire or sled for sprints, then possible sled/tire substitutions include: perform the sprints with a weight vest, drag a kettlebell on the ground in front of you while you are sprinting backward, have a partner pulling against you during the sprint with a long strap.

4) Squat jumps should be done down a vault runway or extended grassy area. To perform the squats jumps, squat down fully and then jump as high as possible. Land, re-squat fully and touch the hands to the ground. This constitutes one repetition. Do not pause in between the repetitions.

5) Remember to focus on jumping high, not far. Continue in this fashion until you have covered the entire 20m of Squat Jumps without rest.

6) Attempt to increase the intensity of the Squat Jumps via a weight vest if you are strong enough.

7) Depth Jumps - jump off an object 3’-10’ high, bending the knees but not allowing the feet to move or step upon landing. If in doubt go lower rather than higher and remember to BEND the knees upon landing!

8 ) You may rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

Eric Cohen

Coach,

I remember a while back you used to frequently recommend subbing hill sprints with a weight vest for tire sprints. You no longer do, and was wondering if there was specific reasoning behind it for development or functionality purposes.

Alvaro

4X:

60 sec jump rope

2x 1 floor step sprint (2 steps at a time)

60 sec Jump rope

2x10 m squat jumps

60 sec jump rope

6 depth jumps 1m, and 4 jumping up from 2 steps 60cm more or less.

1x60 sec seated toe point stretch (running out of time...)

Vincent Stoyas

Performed 7/17/12

Completed 3 rounds:

60 second jump rope (last 30 seconds I would do 2 jumps and then a double jump)

30 second bike ride at max resistance

60 second jump rope

8 squat jumps

60 second Jump Rope

10 Depth Jumps

*NOTES*

Only completed 3 rounds. I was working out in wooden floor room part of the gym when on my third round I was told I had to leave because Zumba was about to start. Don't even get me started on who was about to take the class...let's just say that they all walked in with starbucks in their hand. Great. Haha. I was definitely getting tired at that point and thursday is another leg day, so it's not so bad.

I'm actually surprised at how well I jump rope. I never do it, but I can keep it going pretty consistently and I can start mixing in double rope skips too. I need to add this to my warm up.

30 second bike ride is intense. I could go a solid 25 seconds and then the last 5 seconds are miserable. Well, that was for the first 2 rounds. The third round I couldn't get it nearly the same speed as before, it was miserable for the whole 30 seconds.

Depth Jumps were done off of a 5 foot box. First time I jump off of something that high. It felt really solid. I actually enjoyed these. I got some strange looks from people at the gym though.