This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Beginners Workout Log

Started by Guiv, July 2, 2012 · 1 Replies · 370 Views

Guiv

I am a complete beginner when it comes to Gymnastic Strength Training™ and I intend to post my complete progress day by day here. I also hope that in the future this log will help other beginners (who might be embarrassed of not being able to hold an L sit very long or Planche or Back Lever etc and it will show them everyone started somewhere).

Anyway, I'm back and finally injury free and here is all the information.

Me:

20

165 lbs

6ft

My routine:

warm up-

60 second Plank

60 second Reverse Plank

60 second Hollow Hold (10x6 seconds, hands straight up as opposed to above head)

60 second Superman Arch

60 second straight arm ring support (to engage stabilizer muscles instead of using parallel bars, since I'm able to support myself for 60 seconds on bars)

60 second Half Chin Up Hold (arms bent at top of chin up position)

Wrist flexibility and light stretching of legs, arms, shoulders and bridge

5x12 L sit on rings, rounded back

Handstand work-

If anyone is interested in exactly what I do during handstand training I can share that and any coaches and more experienced athletes could give me pointers on if I am doing anything wrong or my body line positioning etc.

Pre workout-

Wrist pushups (3 types, onto knuckles, onto fingers and onto knuckles into a full pushup) 10x3

Shoulder push off the wall (I don't know the exact name of this, it is when you touch the wall from about 3 feet away and push to standing out of the shoulders) 10

Bridge to wall, stand up using hips 10

workout-

Everything is done in a 3x5 rep x set

Ring dips

German Pulls

Ring Pushups (as close to hips as currently possible)

Wall Walks

Candle Stick into one leg jump for height

Stretch:

On Monday's I do an hour - hour and a half stretch of the legs

I mix that hour up between both splits, straddle and pike

On Wednesday I do an hour - hour and a half stretch of my back

Besides bridge I don't know what the rest of the stretches are called but I can post pictures if anyone is interested.

I realize that no I'm not an entire beginner and I know I can do this routine as I have done it before, but I will admit as soon as it comes to 90% of anything harder then what I have written here I'm blown out of the water.

If I am missing anything in either stretching that could make me improve better I would love any member to give me any information that could to help. Also, if any moderators or other members are reading this, I will be posting pictures soon of my current flexibility, physique and all my static holds, as well as videos of every exercise I'm doing, and I would love any critique you could give me on how to better these holds. :)

Guiv

Sorry i couldn't post pictures, but they are coming I promise.

I train my handstands every day so today I did another round of handstand work.

I am sore in my legs from I assume the stretching and my shoulders are tight and need a massage, but otherwise I'm in pretty good shape.

My current maximum time in handstand is 1:30

and in a free standing handstand away from the wall I have held about 20 seconds, every time I go into my hold I push away from the wall a little to engage my stabilizer muscles.