Ok so I have just started to do the basic moves and while I can accomplish a solid l sit, a front lever, HeSPUs, pseudo planche pushups, and a few more I have noticed shoulder problems while doing them and it seems to stem from the fact that my shoulders are rounded forward from benching and the like and not enough stretching. So I started to try to do the wall extensions but cannot even place my forearms sometimes and my shoulders at all onto the wall due to them being so far forward? Any advice to help correct this?
Shoulder Problems Help!
Started by MattDaniel, July 2, 2012 · 1 Replies · 1,823 Views
Sounds like upper crossed syndrome. And I'd bet 10 bucks that your front lever is protracted.
To fix it, the idea is to bring up your posterior shoulder strength and stretch your anterior shoulder.
More pulling, especially horizontal. Get going with those rows, full ROM and a 5-10s hold at the top where your scapula are completely retracted. Do shoulder dislocates, doorway pec stretch, german hangs. LYTPs are a good bet as well.
Kit's work is good.