Chart on best biceps and back excersizes.

Started by Tavis G, July 2, 2012 · 9 Replies · 3,186 Views

Rik de Kort

I couldn't give less of a damn.

Train movements, not muscles.

Tavis G

I posted this to show chinups and pullups are superior to all other excersizes.

Nic Branson

Superior for what purpose? While I may love pull ups and chin ups, one cannot say they are clearly superior to all others. Be careful over generalizing best and worst of anything.

Tavis G

Guys. I just showed this chart to show the activation of different excersizes for different muscles and to show some arent that good.

FREDERIC DUPONT
Tavis G said:
Guys. I just showed this chart to show the activation of different excersizes for different muscles and to show some arent that good.

It's okay, if the chart came from Polinquin, everyone here would be competing with oooohhs and aaaahhs :roll: ... "Steroid Country" (T-Nation), not that much! :lol:

Cole Dano
FredInChina said:
Tavis G said:
Guys. I just showed this chart to show the activation of different excersizes for different muscles and to show some arent that good.

It's okay, if the chart came from Polinquin, everyone here would be competing with oooohhs and aaaahhs :roll: ... "Steroid Country" (T-Nation), not that much! :lol:

Poliquin - yes, there is quite a bit of hype around the him. Let's face it in fitness, voodoo sells.

nf46
Poliquin - yes, there is quite a bit of hype around the him. Let's face it in fitness, voodoo sells.

While Poliquin is a good marketer, to call his stuff voodoo is a little silly. On some things he may have outlandish points of view, and he often pushes his own supplements, but it bears remembering that Poliquin is one of the world leaders in the fitness industry, and has put out a lot of extremely good information over the years. That is not to say that it is wrong to question his viewpoints, just wanted to point out that a lot of his stuff is great even though it is surrounded in hype. :)

Cole Dano

Maybe a little silly and out of line. He has put out lot's of great material for certain, the tempo notation alone is an outstanding contribution. But with all the young guys who listen to everything he says without question, I see nothing wrong with planting a seed of question. He's also saying some pretty far out stuff.

You have to keep in mind, I just came out of another business that is full of voodoo, I've just had my fill and then some.

Ryan Libke

I have read of few of Mr. Contreras's articles on T-Nation, and he has some interesting ideas, and some that I do not accept. I would reject an argument that the best exercises are ones that got the highest reading for Mr. Contreras. The testing just does not account for very much, although it might be said to prompt further inquiry with better methodology.

I think the reason some of the comments above are so negative is there is an assertion in the original post that certain exercises are not as effective as once thought. The post seems to imply, advertently or inadvertently, that the execises advocated on this forum may not be as effective as thought by Coach Sommer or the people who do the exercises advocated here. Also, the title of the article seems to suggest that the author is more concerned with muscle isolation training, which is not the focus of most adherents of gymnastics-style strength training. Whether this was a concern of the author or not does not really matter; I think the emphasis should be on avoiding sensationally-written, over-generalized titles or assertions.