Box ring HS

Started by Ian Legrow, July 1, 2012 · 5 Replies · 2,118 Views

Ian Legrow

Hey ya'll,

QUick question. I am too tall to do ring HS in my apartment. ANd its like 110 in Texas right now so outside i can onyl do so often. I am not stable in a ring HS yet, so would it be ok if i put my feet on a box and did it that way until i become more stable? Thanks!

Vagabond

That do you mean? Can you take a picture? Otherwise, without seeing, you usually make sense, so I think it's probably not a bad idea to try it out.

Rik de Kort
Vagabond said:
That do you mean? Can you take a picture? Otherwise, without seeing, you usually make sense, so I think it's probably not a bad idea to try it out.

Box HeSPU top position. On rings.

Cole Dano

Seems like a reasonable way to adapt to your situation to me. It may be you find it harder to keep the arch out of your back in that position as I'm sure you already know.

Aaron Griffin

Some people teach a handstand this way - by bending at the hips and walking the feet up the wall so you're bent at 90.

I don't see why it couldn't work on rings.

Nic Branson

Without being able to wrap your feet really be conscious of not loosing the rings out in front while your feet or supported and face planting, you cannot simply "fall" one way or the other from this position. Also you can use your abs to hold yourself in place while balance is minimized so keep good body awareness.