Running and wods

Started by Ian Myers, June 28, 2012 · 1 Replies · 1,955 Views

Ian Myers

Hey guys

Ive been doing the wods and sscs for half a year now, but recently decided to start doing the leg wods as well. before the past month, I had only done the upper body and core wods. my question is, are there any runners on here (I run competetive xc and track) who have seen improvements because of the leg wods? Another thing, do you think that I should just stick with the leg wods, or would maybe inserting some deadlifts or squats help with mid-distance running?

I run 5ks during the fall and during track I run the 16 and 3200. An another thing, my 5k pr is around 16:40, so dont be worried that youll ruin my chance of winning state or something like that :wink:

Rik de Kort

Pretty much every runner who doesn't strength train, will benefit from strength training.