This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120626

Started by Coach Sommer, June 26, 2012 · 2 Replies · 1,228 Views

Coach Sommer

K7DaRCQh0lY

Perform:

1x10 Wrist Pushups

2x10 Cast Wall Walks

2x5 Pike Box Press HS

2x10 Straddle Box Press HS

12 cycles of XR Strap HS

Finish with 1x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Rest 1-2 minutes between Press HS sets.

2) If Cast Wall Walks are insufficiently challenging, you may perform PL Wall Walks instead. The key difference between these two variations is that the hands will remain behind the shoulders at all times during the descent and ascent of the PL Walks, whereas in the Cast Wall Walks the hands are directly under the shoulders.

3) Remember to adjust the height as necessary during the Box Press HS variations to ensure that the presses are sufficiently challenging.

4) If you cannot press to HS, then press to HeS.

5) If you are strong enough, replace the Box Press HS variations with Press HS from an L-sit on parallets or PBs.

6) If you exceptionally strong, perform the Press HS variations on the XR.

7) Rest 3-5 minutes after completing all of the Press HS work and then begin the XR Strap HS.

8 ) Each XR Strap HS cycle consists of 30 work followed by 45 seconds of rest. Go directly from one cycle to the next with no additional rest.

9) DO NOT come down during the 30 seconds of HS. If you do come down, that cycle does not count towards your total of 12 cycles.

10) To perform XR Strap HS drop your Xtreme Rings down to 6â€-8†from the ground. Now kick up into a handstand widely straddling your legs so that they wrap around the straps. Straighten and lock your arms as much as possible and begin timing your HS.

11) The XR Strap HS can be made much more physically demanding by placing your feet along the inside of the straps rather than wrapping your legs around the straps. The intensity can be further increased by ensuring that your elbows are completely locked and straight.

12) If XR Strap HSs are currently too demanding, perform Wall HS instead; although every effort should be made to complete the workout with XR Strap HS.

Alvaro

1x10 wrist pushups

2x5 cast wall walks + some 10 front elevations with 10kg barbell

2x5 pike HeS

2x8 straddle press HeS

12 XR strap HS 25 seg (much much better, still cant get to 30 sec for 12 reps)

1x10 wrist pushups

Vincent Stoyas

I finally got around to this WOD yesterday.

I had a massive infection and it has finally cleared up 98%. Thank goodness!

Anyways.

WOD

5x2 CWW

2x5 Tempo Pike RLL

1x5 Straddle Wall HS Negatives (I forget the name. I lean my shoulders against the wall and then do a RLL)

1x5 Straddle RLL

6 rounds of HS 30/45.

NOTES

CWW are feeling much better. I can definitely say I'm getting stronger with them.

I couldn't find my book I use to elevate my head for the Pike RLL, so I did them on the floor with tempo 5-2-5

I'm liking the shoulder against wall negatives. I can pull up if I don't go all the way down, but I wanted full ROM.

Next floor Straddle RLL was with tempo too, but a bit faster. 3-1-2

Wrists were beginning to hurt, so I stopped at 6 rounds just to be safe.