Help with routine

Started by Uselis, June 21, 2012 · 2 Replies · 1,143 Views

Uselis

Hey guys,

currently doing weighted pull up pyramid trainning.Before I was doing without weight.My whole trainning went from 1 to 10 and going down from 9 to 1.I stoped because I suspect I am doing more of an endurance trainning then strenght and muscle gain.I added 3kg(lol I know but never used weight before) and was barely able go up to 8 and down.So my question would be:

When its considered to be more of a endurance trainning then strength and muscle gain?I mean up to what point is better to keep adding weight instead of going for higher ladders in pyramid?Like in example above I stoped at 1-10 and decided to add weight.Now I am doing up to 8 and down.So what number roughly you'd say is better to stop and add weight again?

I am doing same way dips and diamond push ups in a same workout one after another.

Would like to get V type body and strength at same time working with only those three excersises using same ladder method I mentioned above.My diet is ok so asking help on this routine.

I hope I express myself clear here and thanks for helping!

Rik de Kort

1-8 strength, 8-12 hypertrophy, 12+ endurance is a general guideline.

Uselis

So going 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 better instead of 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 regarding my goals?