Help with one arm chinup.

Started by Tavis G, June 21, 2012 · 3 Replies · 2,140 Views

Tavis G

Hey guys, i am posting this because i need help with the OAC. Would the regular assisted chinups work, and each week or so, try not to let as much pulling power from the assisting arm? Who here has a OAC/OAP that can help? Ive heard and seen that one arm chinup/pullups builds a massive back and biceps, but does it also build bigger forearms?

timg

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7792

heres a good thread, although i suggest you learn to use the search function for yourself in the future

Mats Trane

To get mine I did REALY slow assisted OAC. I use a towel on the chinup bar to assist.

When doing the realy slow you will feel where in the OAC your weak spot is.

U9hSMQSzgRY

Vagabond

Nice one Mats! To get mine, I used a combination of isometric hold (less than 5 seconds with added weights) on 5 different angles (to strengthen pretty much the full range with as much strength as possible at specific angles) and assisted OAC. I also used a preparation of consecutive negatives going across a bar before that. Cirques would do just about the same job.