This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120619

Started by Coach Sommer, June 19, 2012 · 4 Replies · 1,127 Views

Coach Sommer

FwnbE7hHsEU

Perform the following:

3 sets of: Basic Ring Strength 3

5x15 seconds FL

5x15 seconds XR Strap HS

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

notes:

1) Add additional MU and XR Shoulder-stand Presses as necessary to make the series challenging for your current strength level.

2) Be sure to select the most challenging MU variation that you can perform virtuously.

3) Do not rest during the Ring strength series.

4) Rest at least 3-5 minutes between ring strength sets.

5) Complete all 3 sets of the ring strength series prior to beginning the static hold position sets.

6) Perform the static hold sets as a single giant set; perform a set of FL and then move immediately to the XR Strap HS and then move immediately to the German Hang.

7) A short rest (30-60 sec) is allowed during the static hold positions work only after a single giant set has been completed.

Michael Miskelly

My attempt. Glad to be able to train out in the sun for a change.

PdaNVlNasSA

Randeep Walia
mic_skelly said:
My attempt. Glad to be able to train out in the sun for a change.

PdaNVlNasSA

Really nice form: thanks for sharing.

Vincent Stoyas

3 sets of:

4 chin ups + 2 ring dips -> roll backwards -> BL flat tuck-> inverted hang -> FL Tuck -> inverted hang ->BL flat tuck -> Inverted hang -> Flat tuck FL negative

5x15 FL tuck (somewhere a bit above horizontal, I was fried after doing the FL flat tuck negatives..._

5x15 GH

Prehab

Bicep curls 3x5 40lbs

Lateral/Front Raises 10lbs 2x3 5s up 5s down

Lateral/Front Raises 1x10 2s up 2 sec down

*Notes*

One of the trainers at the gym despises me and the gymnastics rings. The owner and another train love it and always inquire about it. Anways, the jerk trainer told me that I was in the way on the pull up bar and told me I had to move to the back of the gym on a power rack. Not so bad, but seems like I'll be more in the way there. Point of that was, I didn't want to kick into a HS and have him come over and complain, so I just saved them for tonight.

Alvaro

I did some basic substitutions:

3X

3 pull ups, 3 dips (tempo), 15seg XR supports, 15seg shoulder stand, FL (tuck), BL(tuck), and some transition practice at the end.

5x15 FL (tuck)

5x15 XR strap HS (still rubbing a bit against the matt but I feel them more solid!)

5x15 German Hang (I am recovering a bit the lost flexibility)

1x10 wall extension (I was running out of time!)