My handstand progress [Updated]

Started by Martin de Jesus Ponce Robaldino, June 14, 2012 · 12 Replies · 2,321 Views

Martin de Jesus Ponce Robaldino

I'd been working a lot it handstands.

But i was doing some things in the incorrect way. In a recent post i opened i talked about a strange feeling about hs. The problem was that i was too obsessed with opening my shoulders, that i used to hyperextend them, and that began to make some impignment in my left shoulder...

then i began to research more about the position, and then, i began to work different.

today i filmed some highlights of my hs session, and, despite i feel it's not a perfect form, i think it looks better than before.

hope you can critizise my video

K7OFpNknxeY

thanks in advice, and greetings from Mexico

Ian Legrow

You have gotten a lot better. My advice would be to start trying to ontrol you balance from your wrists. it seems that you control some of your balance from your hips, which is what i used to do

Niels Joergensen

awesome shoulder mobility!

Vagabond

I just watched the beginning, but I think you should open your hips a bit more and keep your body more still. Try aligning your femurs with your flat back, it should eliminate the angle of your hips.

Martin de Jesus Ponce Robaldino

Thanks all for your comments, this weekend i tried to do what vagabond and ian said, and it wasn't very difficult, i think on this weekend i'll get a perfect form =)

i'll update this thread =)

thanks again =)

John Sapinoso

don't suck your abs in, flex them.

Martin de Jesus Ponce Robaldino

MNQwEPjAdGU

This is the last session of HS

I've got a better alignment =)

I'll be updating constantly

Thanks for commenting

Vagabond

Good! Two things:

1. Point your feet.

2. You got what I call oscillations. It happends when you overbalance, then you overcorrect, then you underbalance, then you overcorrect again. It makes you "oscillate". Try to bring progressively smaller corrections to your balance, it will fix it.

Nice form, otherwise!

Martin de Jesus Ponce Robaldino

8VblqYkW0nY

These are highlights from today...

I need some help, i can get in a good form with my stomach against wall.

The problem here, is that i've been stuck with back against the wall, i kick up, but i problems to get a proper line...

Do you have any advice for this?

Thanks in Advice, and thanks for commenting =)

Martin de Jesus Ponce Robaldino

This is from Today, july 18th

f6T8roWTieA

I'm Getting more balance each time, the onyl problem is kicking up, i'm having some problem with it...

Practise is needed...

Please comment =)

Martin de Jesus Ponce Robaldino

This is from Today

I'm very happy, probably i have to work more in my form, i felt this greatly, the only problem is that the camera angle doesn't let to know if there's a good alignment, but, i'll try it later

Please comment =)

60Vtd0MRSLY

Aaron Griffin

Damn, that's some fast progress. What do you think had the biggest impact on your progress?

Martin de Jesus Ponce Robaldino

Well, i've been doing HS since a lot, been working lots of volume in different progressions, stomach to wall, back to wall, and working a lot on my shoulders mobility and strength.

I can get easily sets of 45-50 secs of free HS getting transitioning from STW to fre HS

Here the problem that i have been stucked with is kicking up.... I just dunno what happens, but i'm advancing very solw in what i think is the last step....

i would thank you a lot if you could give me any advice for getting a better kicking up...

Thanks for commenting =)