FSP specific order

Started by Alex Solis, June 14, 2012 · 4 Replies · 2,559 Views

Alex Solis

Is there a specific order in which one has to do the FSPs? Or can I just do them in any random order each time? :D

Rik de Kort

Doubt it matters much. I'd alternate pushes and pulls and put the one I want to improve in most in front, though.

Paradox

Hmm, I think consistency in order is important. I don't think you want to start with tuck planche one day and then start with manna the next day, for example. I've come to notice that some FSP's affect your strength with other FSP's. So I keep the order I do them in the same.

Even if I'm supersetting a particular day because of time constraints, the exercises always follow in a consistent order. If it's an SSC, the next cycle I change up the order a little. For no reason, really.

Ian Myers

what fsps do you do? I order them like this.

Handstand work

L-sit

Low Straddle L

flat tuck fl

My justification is this-

Handstand- I work this first as fatigue will affect any balancing etc.

L-sit- My weak point in this is my abs, so if I work the straddle-l or front lever first, my abs will already be tired, whereas even if they are tired, it will not affect those two fsps.

straddle l- This still works my abs somewhat, so i put it before the front lever because that would tire them even more.

front lever- my weak point is my pulling, not my stomach, and since no other fsp I do majorly affects my back, I can put this one last and reserve my major ab work for the middle two.

I may have over analyzed it, but when I perform them in this order, I feel better and never come anywhere near failure, whereas performing the L-sit last made my abs feel like they were on fire :shock:

See what works best for you, and when you do, keep it that way! :mrgreen:

Blairbob

I prefer the L work then whatever is weakest of the basic 3 FSP's, FL/BL/RingSupport or PL.