Hit me with your knowledge stick slizzman!

Started by Andrew Long, June 13, 2012 · 3 Replies · 3,119 Views

Andrew Long

Hej everyone!

First off I would like to say thankyou to everyone who takes the time to read this post I know it is a bit long and I appreciate every ones input nothing will go unconsidered. =)

Even though the title is directed to sliz I would really appreciate any input you can supply me with as I try to get as much info from as many sources as I can although it seems sliz knows his stuff and his posts have helped tremendously.

Ok I have read A LOT on these forums which has lead me to more and more research but nutrition seems to be the hardest for me to grasp an understanding of. There is just so much contradicting info out there.

I was doing slizzmans perfect pre post nurtrition thing and was seeing good results! Haven't been very strict about food lately especially with those dam free subway cookies I get but I want to get serious about it now so I am going back to the perfect pre post nutrition.

The trouble I am having is what to do for the rest of the day? have up to 10g whey protein every hour or small meals spaced every 2 hours apart and how much should each meal contain as far as protein carb fat ratio? I have seen comments about constant small insulin spikes from frequently eating leads to insulin resistance and also that large meals spaced further apart causes th same thing due to high insulin spikes not sure where to go on that have had trouble finding some good research done about insulin resistance and meal frequency.

Also unsure about what % my macro nutrients should be like 30% protein 20% fat 50% carbs or is that way off? What types of foods could I do without? I am actually not such a fan of wheat or any grains really although my breakfast has been pretty standard 200-300ish ml milk and about just over 1dl of oats maybe with some banana.

I have access to whey isolate powder, frozen vegies and some "fresh" from the store( the town i live in sweden or sweden in general doesnt have a wide variety of good veggies I think) Good organic milk 0.5% - 4.5% fat the high fat one isnt homogonized if that means anything? and some organic meat but it is pretty expensive except for the pork mince mostly.

I'd like to get down to 7-8% BF while if possible gaining strength and muscle

This is a link with pretty much everything you will need to know about me I think including goals training routine and things like that.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9173&p=81894#p81894

Right not I am:

age:24

height 184cm (about 6'1)

weight approx 80kg(176 pounds)

BF%: unknown ( at around 73-75 I can see a six pack dunno if that helps?)

BMR: approx 1900 ( according to online calculators)

Daily activity: I work around 5-7 hours a day in hospitality so lots of walking and standing around My training routine can be found in the link above.

Again thank you to those who take their time to help me out It is all very confusing to me and i truly appreciate your help! let me know if there is any other information you need and I will be glad to supply it =)

Falcon

We cant really help you that much, you have to find out what works for you. If youre getting up to 2g/kg of protein daily, youre good. then play with the carbs, depending on how much volume do you have in your workouts.

Another thing, breakfast should be meat+nuts or eggs+bacon, dont do oats and milk, damn you must be hungry after like 2 hours.

Rik de Kort
Falcon said:
We cant really help you that much, you have to find out what works for you. If youre getting up to 2g/kg of protein daily, youre good. then play with the carbs, depending on how much volume do you have in your workouts.

Another thing, breakfast should be meat+nuts or eggs+bacon, dont do oats and milk, damn you must be hungry after like 2 hours.

Oats and milk both have good amounts of protein.

Joshua Naterman

Get that real milk you are talking about if you aren't lactose intolerant!

The easiest thing to do, which will give excellent results, is for you to use nutritiming to learn what you need to eat and when. Make your meals from the high quality foods you mentioned for the most part, and have your treats around the workout to pretty much completely negate any "bad" effects on body comp.

Design the meals so that each one more or less provides up to (2.0g/kg of your bw)/24 grams per hour that is between the meals. For example, for me that would be something like 8g per hour, and if I eat at 11am and then 2pm I'd want that meal to have about 24g of protein. Get ~55% of your calories from low-glycemic carbs (high GI only during that workout time) and get the rest from fat. Have fat with your carbs and protein. All meals should have fat, carbs, and protein together except for the timeframe specifically specified in the workout thread... ~1 hour before to ~2-3 hours after.

For the non-workout protein (outside of the timeframe mentioned in the workout nutrition thread) use whole foods like that nonhomogenized milk, meats, the protein from grains (mix with seeds and/or legumes for a better effect). During that workout time, from 10-15m prior to 2 hours after it's a good idea to go ahead and use the whey for most/all of the protein.