Summer Statics

Started by Wheelson, June 13, 2012 · 7 Replies · 1,672 Views

Wheelson

HMdn94vYCcw

Disclaimer this is all within 5 minutes of waking up :lol:

There's a video of half of today's FSP warm-up

FL: adv tuck 10 secs

Bl: adv tuck (trying to extend slightly more) 8 seconds

not seen:

straddle l: low 15 seconds

band assisted tuck planche (ido's progression)

Please critique my form and make any recommendations you see fit!

as a side note, my garage is a mess.

another note I never knew how hyperextended my elbows were!

edit: mHmL4of6Clw

I tried extending a bit less on the Fl to get better scapular retraction

Aaron Griffin

Tomorrow's WOD: Clean the garage

Wheelson

I have to wait a few weeks to do so because we're using the garage for extra storage as my sister and I move back and forth from colleges :facepalm:

Philip Chubb
phrak said:
Tomorrow's WOD: Clean the garage

Sounds like more of a Crossfit metcon.... :lol:

The front lever wasn't bad but it looked just an inch or two high.

The backlever in the second video was slightly more shaky but it looked like it was more hollow and the position looked much better.

Nice work!

Paradox

As Alex mentioned, your front lever is not horizontal. On top of that, your form is incorrect. It seems that your lower back is arching. You need a hollow body position. Flatten out your back and if you can't, then you're not ready for this progression.

Wheelson

Thanks for the replies guys much appreciated

as for the lower back position I've been trying to extend my body as much as possible to start to bridge the gap between adv tuck and straddle. The hollow positions are easier for me than what's shown in the video. Until yesterday I didn't even know I was arched, so back to hollow it is which means I need to retest my times because I can hold the hollows for longer =p

Thanks again!

Martin de Jesus Ponce Robaldino

It looks fine...

I have only one question: in back lever you elbows seem to hyperextend a little, don't you feel a little discomfort?

greetings

Wheelson
martinponce said:
It looks fine...

I have only one question: in back lever you elbows seem to hyperextend a little, don't you feel a little discomfort?

greetings

elbows definitely hyperextended, but no discomfort