I have been doing the PR for a while now and have seen lots of improvement in them, but it has not carried over to anything more difficult.
Just to step it up a notch I wanted to mix things up for a month or so. What would the effects of something like below be?
Doing basics exercises like pull ups, dips and push ups, it seems like I can do 3 sets of 50% of my max with about 45 second rest between.
I am considering doing this every other day or so until I can do 5 sets of 50% and then retesting the max.
I'm curious though if there is any benifit to doing anything at 50% of max for three to five sets. Also how does the 45 second rest play in? Any less and I cant get the third set in with good form, and much more and I could probably pull off more that three sets.