GtG vs Pyramid Reps

Started by asianbboy, June 12, 2012 · 4 Replies · 5,642 Views

asianbboy

My friend advocated doing 1 rep, 10s rest, 2 rep, then increasing to max reps. A bit different from GtG. Which methods best for a beginner? Also, GtG involves doing half max reps for 6 sets, correct?

This is for pushups, dips, pullups.

Rik de Kort

Pick one, go with that one until you stall, then switch. Rinse, repeat.

Cole Dano

Also keep in mind that GtG is not a set rep scheme, it's meant to be easy - moderately easy reps done randomly throughout the day.

If I recall correctly the concept is laid in his book 'The Naked Warrior'.

Nic Branson

The two methods serve different purposes and are not the same by far. Personally in regards to pyramids I much prefer ladders. Which would be 1,2,3,1,2,3 for example. Better neural response and also fits with the bodies metabolism better for performance increases.

Cole Dano

Good point Nic, I also much prefer ladders.