This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120611

Started by Coach Sommer, June 11, 2012 · 4 Replies · 1,335 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete 3 sets of each:

1 Embedded L-sit + 5 Tempo Korean Undergrip Dips

1 Embedded BL + 5 Tempo Half Reverse MU

1 Embedded FL + 5 Tempo Russian HLL

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

notes:

1) Warm-up by performing 2-3 easier Curl/Dip variations prior to beginning your working sets. The variations used should initially begin with one that is quite easy and then get progressively more difficult from warm-up set to warm-up set.

2) Choose a body position for the embedded static strength variation that allows you to hold the position for 15 seconds per rep.

3) Rest 10-20 seconds between the embedded static and the subsequent exercise. Rest 1-2 minutes in between giant sets.

4) Use a tempo of 212 for the basic strength sets.

5) This is a maximal bent arm strength day, do not be timid in increasing the intensity; add weight as needed to make the exercises very challenging for the rx’d repetitions.

6) However also feel free to scale the workout by substituting another exercise from the same movement family if necessary.

7) DO NOT skip the Bridge Wall Walks at the end of the Workout.

Randeep Walia

3 rounds:

embedded L-Sit

5 tempo ring dips

embedded tuck Back Lever

5 Negative MUs

embedded tuck Front Lever

5 tempo HLL

1 set 7 BWW

1 set 4 BWW

Alvaro

3x:

-parallete Lsit + 5 regular Tempo Dips

-BL+ 5 dumbell curls 12 kgs.

-FL + 5 Tempo HLL

2x5 Bridge wall walks. (slowly recovering these too)

Vincent Stoyas

Performed 3 of the following

XR L sit tuck + 5 Tempo PB Dips

1 FL tuck pull out to BL flat tuck + 5 tempo body curls with feet on ground

1 GH pull out to FL tuck + 5 PB support Leg Lifts + 5 Knee Raises

1x5 BWW

Prehab included

3x5 25lb laying tricep raises

3x3 tempo 4-2-4 10 lb lateral and front raises

1x10 10 lb lateral and front raises

*NOTES*

Just joined a gym, I like to do SS stands and such for my embedded work, but the trainers were already hesitant to having me bring my rings. The owner is completely cool with it, but I'll ease them into this transition. The owner seems very interested in them and at the very least they want to buy some TRXs. I told her to stick with the rings though, so we'll see what pans out.

Tried to focus on XR support, but I'm very weak at it again. I've been terribly sick/injured for the past month, so much of my strength is gone. Hopefully though I'll come back consistent.

PB Dips felt good. I struggled on the very last rep of the third set, but that's pretty much it.

Finally did the curls correctly. I was having a hard time before hitting the biceps hard, but I definitely felt it this time.

Leg lifts are so hard for me...I drastically need to work on compression work. I need to put that in my prehab.

substance

3 sets:

15s low L-sit + XR dips 5, 3, 4

15s FL tuck + inverted chinups 5, 5, 5 **could not get full ROM

15s BL tuck + HLL half 5, 5, 5

10 x Bridge wall walks