Forearm Splint

Started by Paddy, June 7, 2012 · 2 Replies · 2,240 Views

Paddy

For nearly two weeks now I have got pain in my forearm after excersising as well as the muscles feel tense. At the beginning I have mostly felt the tension in my forearm, but now the pain gradually rises and the forearm gets more and more tense.

I have just started with excersing about 5 weeks ago after I had to totally rest 6 weeks because of having a cold.

3-4 weeks ago I have started with gymnastic excersis like frog stand, hand stand, front lever( for the first time, before only weightlifting and cardio) . I have done those excersises about three times a week, additionally I did weightlifting 2-3 times a week.

It seems to be clear that it is due to overusage. Nevertheless I do not like to rest another six weeks or so.

My forearms as well as my lower legs are not the strongest. Would you suggest me now to have another total rest for maybe 10 days or rather to strengthen at least my forearm or do some other excersises?

Rik de Kort

Definitely sounds like overuse. Wrist circling, novel movements and stretching. I hesitate to suggest wrist pushups, but they may work. Someone else with more experience should chime in.

Have you got the pbar support and deadhang prereqs?

Falcon

You like planches, don't you?