OAEL

Started by Edward Smith, November 3, 2008 · 2 Replies · 1,616 Views

Edward Smith

I am practicing/learning, well trying to, the one-arm elbow lever. I have read the article over at beastskills, which has given me some good info on body position, alignment, etc. but not really on how to train it. It does have a tuck, straddle, straight progression but I'm not making much progress on it. Is the OAEL like a handstand in that you first start getting really short holds (o.5-2 seconds) then you make some headway and your holds increase slightly (3-5 seconds) and then you really find the balance point and you start getting decent holds (10+ seconds)?

I am just starting this skill so it might just be a matter of time.

Any help appreciated,

Ed

IvanPS

This is the first skill that I learned even before a handstand. If I recall properly it took me quite some time to achieve the wrist strength and endurance even though I worked on it daily.

For the balance part it just came to me after time, If you're able to do a 5 second hold then I'm pretty sure you're already getting an idea how to move your legs and free hand to keep your balance, so it's just a matter of your sense of balance and practice.

hope this will help

kbryk

It's arm placement and putting your elbows into your obliques/abs, fairly easy skill to achieve with your skill level.