Right scapula winging

Started by sam726, June 6, 2012 · 1 Replies · 2,354 Views

sam726

Hi everyone,

The lower point of my right scapula sticks out a little and sometimes after a workout it hurts in my right shoulder.

I read on this forum it's called a winging scapula and that i need to activate the serratus anterior muscle? How do i do that?

Is it something that is gonna get better when i do the fsp and fbe progression, or should i do something about it?

Thank you!

Rik de Kort

, especially the first exercise.

If you don't have resistance bands available, you might get something out of doing them on an incline with one arm (so they get harder). Working angles are a bit different, though, so it might now work, but from what I've tested, it seems to be okay. You can also do them without an incline if your strength is up to that. It's prehab, though, so focus on a bit higher reps (10, maybe even higher).

Coach once remarked that the feet-together one-arm pushup would be a good serratus prehab element, so I'd think feet-together one-arm scapula pushups would work well. :)