Handbalancing blocks

Started by Kyle Devlin, June 5, 2012 · 4 Replies · 3,097 Views

Kyle Devlin

What size should it be? Should i try a 2x6 or a 2x4, and How long should i cut it down to?

I plan on ultimately putting them on canes.

Vagabond

A cut of about 6 inches usually work fine, but you should just see how you like it for your own hands. Some blocks are just 2x4 or 2x6 that are sanded, but some very good blocks are pieces of 2x4 wrapped by 1/4 plywood pieces, which corners are sanded. I've also seen blocks that were hollow in the middle.

timg
Vagabond said:
I've also seen blocks that were hollow in the middle.

why would they be hollow?

yuri marmerstein

mine are hollow, made from pieces of plywood glued together.

they are super light so that makes them a bit more convenient

Kyle Devlin

Thanks for the replies. I just cut i 2x4 down to 5in long blocks. 6 inches felt a little too large.

I also made canes, which i love :D I spent all day on them and now i can feel my fingers and forearms needing to recover.