I have been handstand training for a while, but I have reached a plateau, not it strength, but in balance. Or so it seems.
I believe I have finally identified my problem: a lack of shoulder flexibility in the HS position.
After reading, re-reading, and re-re-reading, Coach's essay on handstand work, it seems to me that I lack the ability to push my upper chest against the wall (stomach to wall) while performing a wall-HS.
I also, struggle tremendously to not arch my back during handstands (I don't think my head position is the issue). I have searched these forums high and low and can't seem to find any specific articles addressing this topic.
So my question is ultimately: What is an appropriate technique for increasing shoulder flexibility in order to achieve a straight body position (not arched back) and perform a better handstand?
Also, if my diagnosis is wrong, please suggest an alternative to me so that I can continue to progress with my training.
Thank you in advance for your help!
~Brian