Basic FBE form

Started by Uzeeh, June 5, 2012 · 2 Replies · 1,381 Views

Uzeeh

Hello!

I injured my wrist in december, and because of that I laid off gymnastics for half a year. Now that the wrist is finally okay again - although it still needs very thorough warm-up to be able to withstand pushups and exercises like that. Anyway, instead of gymnastics I focused on weightlifting - good old squats and milk stuff. Gained a lot of muscle and strength in my lower body, but also as fat, which is noticeable on the videos :oops: My strength in gymnastics is also much worse, and I thought it would be good to address form issues now that I'm a newb again :)

Anyway, any comments on the form of these exercises? I tried to focus on hollow on both of the exercises, but I am not sure I got it right. I'm also not quite sure if my scapular movement is right on the rows, and I think my neck alignment is wrong in pushups. There's two videos of the rows, one harder and one easier, because I am not quite sure if my form breaks down on the harder variation or not.

I0Qfv7GtpZs

fF8gIGbPVQ0

xGG-QMlAO3E

Uzeeh

Anybody? I thought it'd be important to have the correct form nailed before moving to harder variations. :)

Piotr Ochocki

Looks to me like you lose your hollow position as you go down with your pushups, you would have to work bit more there to keep it hollow. In rows it looks (not the best angle) like you are arching a small bit when starting ascent, try to keep your tight and work only with lats/arms in ascent.