This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Question on Programming

Started by Samuel Carr, June 5, 2012 · 7 Replies · 95 Views

Samuel Carr

Hey guys I'm confused on how the programming is supposed to work for training the PEs. I'm training 5 days a week, working on the FL, HBP, PL, OAC PEs and then the Manna, SL. and SLS/leg PEs. Are these the only workout or are they like a warm-up like the past statics to be done before your main workout? Also are you guys doing the wods still or are you doing something else?

Scott Malin

For my personal programming, I started with just the new stuff for several weeks. While I saw major progress with the statics, my peripheral skeletal muscle suffered a bit, even with the correct progressions.

Right now, I have found it most beneficial to do the appropriate fundamental work in the morning according to the 2nd edition 4-day schedule, and do the WoDS (appropriately scaled) in the afternoons.

My warmup for Wods includes sprinting, whole body active flexibility, 1-2 prehab series, and 3x10 tri sets of various dips, pull ups, and butterflies followed by an easy progression of each WoD exercise. On Saturdays, I do the full shoulder prehab routine followed by the needed stretches using the principles Kit taught. The other three days, I generally rest and focus on limbering and recovery activities.

I'm sure there are ways to improve this, but personal experiment has lead me to this schedule.

Samuel Carr

Since I'm starting from the very beginning, I tried to scale the wods all the way down to the very first PEs and so it seemed like I was basically doing only core work. But I guess that foundation is needed

Coach Sommer

Sam,

I recommend beginning with straight PE1s across the board for all of the main basic strength elements; FL, PL, SL, MN, HB and OAC. Then simply follow the programming that I outlined at the seminar for each of these exercises.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Samuel Carr

Okay, thank you very much Coach

Mats Trane
Coach Sommer said:
Sam,

I recommend beginning with straight PE1s across the board for all of the main basic strength elements; FL, PL, SL, MN, HB and OAC. Then simply follow the programming that I outlined at the seminar for each of these exercises.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Whats PE1S?

Was there a new training protocoll introduced at the May seminar?

Cole Dano

Yes it's been more organized, I guess even since you were there last. You'll get the full scoop in November.

Craig Mallett

I'm programming as follows right now:

Warmup: 5 wrist pushups, each x 10, 10 dislocates, 10 dorsal dislocates, 10 wall extensions, German Hang Undergrip 60s, Handstand belly to wall 5 x 60s template. Might add in Rings Support just to improve this.

Day 1: FL PE1, PL Mobility, PL PE1, HB Mobility, HB PE1, RC Mobility, RC PE1

Day2: MN Mobility, MN PE1, SL SE1 (we didnt get taught the PE's for this at the seminar, will downgrade once I know what they are), SLS Mobility, SLS PE1, DYNAMIC WORK

Because my workouts are scattered due to my timetable, I just alternate between day 1 and 2.

Also note that I have 1 - 3 hours of martial arts and flexibility work that I do on top of this.