This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120605

Started by Coach Sommer, June 5, 2012 · 1 Replies · 1,149 Views

Coach Sommer

K7DaRCQh0lY

Perform:

1x10 Wrist Pushups

2x10 Cast Wall Walks

2x5 Pike Box Press HS

2x10 Straddle Box Press HS

10 minutes of HS Wall Runs

Finish with 1x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Rest 1-2 minutes between Press HS sets.

2) If Cast Wall Walks are insufficiently challenging, you may perform PL Wall Walks instead. The key difference between these two variations is that the hands will remain behind the shoulders at all times during the descent and ascent of the PL Walks, whereas in the Cast Wall Walks the hands are directly under the shoulders.

3) Remember to adjust the height as necessary during the Box Press HS variations to ensure that the presses are sufficiently challenging.

4) If you cannot press to HS, then press to HeS.

5) If you are strong enough, replace the Box Press HS variations with Press HS from an L-sit on parallets or PBs.

6) If you exceptionally strong, perform the Press HS variations on the XR.

7) Rest 3-5 minutes

8 ) Spend 10 minutes performing HS Wall runs. Time spent resting does not count toward the 10 minute total. Strive to perform the 10 minutes of HS Wall Runs in as few sets as possible.

9) Rest as necessary, but strive to keep rest periods to an absolute minimum. Unless you are already extremely well conditioned gymnastically, this should be a very challenging workout.

10) You may increase the intensity of the HS Wall Runs by lifting a straight arm up to the hips during each step rather than merely touching the shoulder.

Alvaro

Today I was short of time so had to cut some corners :(

I have practiced some freestanding HS and now I am able to fight for not falling forward AND backwards. I feel more solid once I am up there, still fighting too much thou.

1x10 wrist pushups

2x10 5kg dumbell frontal elevation (I forgot to bring my socks to the gym so I couldn´t use the wall)

1x5 pike He press HS

1x10 straddle He press HS

8min Hs wall walks in 20 min. This is improving steadily, I could have finished all 10 min with out problems but was running out of time.

1x10 wrist pushups