This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

assistance work

Started by 312Sean, June 4, 2012 · 2 Replies · 55 Views

312Sean

crew, great meeting everyone last week at the seminar. look forward to seeing you all in september. coach, fantastic work putting that all together, great amount information digested, couldn't get enough.

had a question, wanted to see if anyone was adding in any assistance work with their FBAS and FSAS work.. for instance, today went down like this for me:

A. snatch: build up to a heavy single

B. FL/PE1: 3x12s

C. PL/PE3: 3x12s

D. HBP/PE10: 3 x 1r

E. OAC/CZ1: 3 x 1r

F. 6MIN: handstand practice

then came back 4 hours later for some assistance work:

G1. 3 x 6 yewkis, tuck

G2. 3 x 20 psuedo planche pushups

H. 5MIN: agwalks+wallruns

any critiques/ideas? appreciate any notes. thanks!

Samuel Carr

I was under the impression the prep elements were something you do before your main workout.

312Sean
Zach Armijo said:
I do add my assistance work throughout the day whether it is handstand work, Ag walks for my terrible retraction, PPP with bent PL hold for fun or whatever I feel I need to buffer a little.

thanks Zack