Roeslers Progression

Started by Wheelson, June 4, 2012 · 5 Replies · 12,305 Views

Wheelson

Hello,

I've been trying to figure out a press to handstand on rins for quite some time now. I can do muscle ups fairly easily as well as press to shoulderstands. I've been trying to add this element into my ring serires for a while, but I get stuck at the bottom of the press.

I was wondering what progression and accessory exercises are recommended for this skill. In all actuality this is the movement I want to attain the most and it is feasible (at least in my opinion =p)

I assume I should be working on HSPU progrssions as well as press handstand progressions. Any specifics?

Thanks for any help.

Will

Joshua Naterman

Half presses on PB (or a table) and rings.

Start in support and, with straight arms, press up as far as you can into a HS. You may not get far at first, but that's ok! Little by little is the way to go!

Wheelson

Thanks Josh! can always count on you for an answer!

Niels Joergensen

I seem to remember it's a BA press to HS in a roesler. Then I'd focus on HSPU progressions and HS work on rings if you have the muscle up! pressing into a shoulderstand doesn't require too much strength anyway.

Gregor

very good exercise would be press from L-seat to stradle seat. For example 3x5...

Also solid HS on rings with RTO, and from HS straight body decline to L-seat.

Vagabond

Also give a try to tuck planches. It's going to get you used to have your hips higher than usual on rings.