Muscle-Up Progress

Started by Wheelson, June 4, 2012 · 2 Replies · 2,121 Views

Wheelson

Good Afternoon All!

I just wanted to say that is about a year since I achieved my first muscle up. Since then I've gotten to the point where I can do up to 7 strictly with a slow tempo.

I was feeling pretty good after my workout today, so I decided to try something a little bit crazy (for me anyway) I wanted to try a weighted muscle up. I sprained my ankle last week, so I didn't want to aggrivate the tissue by holding a dumbell between my legs, so I used my other source of weight... a 35 lb weight vest.

I fully expected to fail at this weight, but to my surprise I got to the top of the pull and into the bottom of the transition. It was a struggle and the transition took about 4 seconds to complete and it was ugly. But I got it (my left arm cleared first, however. I pressed out to the top and completely surprised myself.

About five minutes later I tried again the pull was doable, but as I got to the transition I got stuck at the bottom as last time. This time it took about 6 seconds, but I was able to push through it cleanly. both arms at once no kip. I press to the top with a smile on my face.

Thank you Coach and everyone of the forum you've all been an invaluable resource to me during my training! I couldn't have gotten here without you!

Tavis G

Nice progress! How Much is your bodyweight? If you weighed 200 lbs + 35 lbs. Thats pretty strong! Nice Progress!

Wheelson

thank you very much! I'm 170 right now not quite 200, but I'll get there eventually :P