HAndstand on rings

Started by Ian Legrow, June 4, 2012 · 7 Replies · 2,850 Views

Ian Legrow

QUick question. IF this has already been brought up could someone give me the link? I haev not foundn it though. When is an appropriate time to begin praciticing HS on rings. I can hold a HS for for a minute freestanding with no wall. I can do a pike and straddle press, i hold a XR support for over a minute. Thanks!

-Ian

yuri marmerstein

I would say depends on whether your XR support is appropriately turned out. If you, I would say you should be fine

Just remember that rings HS technique is unrelated to floor HS technique and will not directly improve your hand balancing other than the increase in shoulder strength

Niels Joergensen

Go for it! :) you might struggle a lot in the beginning wrapping your feet around and even staying up that's okay!

jl5555

I think it seems time for you to go for it. It is quite different so please let us know your impressions.

I found that ring HS really helped me understand the sensation of "pushing out" from the shoulders. I am still working on turning out the rings though.

Ian Legrow

Thank you all for your responses...i have learned that i need to do it somewhere besides on the pullup bar on my door...lead to a kind of shocking flip over the rings onto my back. But, still a fun learning experience!

Nic Branson

Wrap your feet and just work on getting comfortable on the rings for awhile.

Mats Trane

You can work on them. Like Nic said get put your feet on det line and get used to the rings put some time into it.

I put my rings realy low almost touching a matress on the ground. As you get more stable move the rings up inch by inch.

Ring Handstand is a different story than from the ground (the rings move and the ground does not).

The balance is in the shoulders not in you hands.

Mats Trane

Found a thread:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6652