Did he do the CTI ? What about one arm front lever/muscleup?

Started by George Navarro, June 3, 2012 · 6 Replies · 2,813 Views

George Navarro

I made the title long just to get your attention. :mrgreen: Just so everybody is clear it is a street workout, so form is a probably an issue here. But nevertheless, I found the russian hannibal doing some cool moves a while back but I didn't think it was worth the post. Then I came across another video of him that had a possible CTI (not sure b/c the camera cuts off the rest of his body) and felt like some more people should watch. I'm surprised on how a few of these guys progress in strength with no gymnastic background or knowledge on how to perform certain moves, but still be able to get pretty far on their own. Makes me feel kind of spoiled. :oops: Especially b/c a lot of these dudes have some real potential and can maybe bring their training to the next level if they applied what was being taught here. (i.e scapula position and whatnot) When i first saw the planche, I had no idea how to train it, the hollow body, protraction and depression, or feeling it in lats. Just want to say THANK YOU Coach Summer and gymnasticbodies community for providing us with all of this. Really :mrgreen:

Anyway, I believe this guy goes by the name of berserker on youtube. Enjoy. 20Bqlwgoi7Q

There seems to be a few videos of him if you guys search around. Here's another that I am guessing was before the previous video. Sorry about that. But he does seem to be getting stronger, which is fun to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXDHMasaj1c&feature=plcp

Just a question though ? Would there be any reason to train these moves after mastering the FSP's or at least becoming somewhat proficient with them. Do the one arm's really give much benefit. You can say to work up to higher skills like reverse muscle ups and malteses, but c'mon there has got to be some variety in what we do. :wink:

Cole Dano

His friends are helping him.

John Sapinoso

more impressed by 2:28

George Navarro

Haha, :lol: I thought there was some funny business. Whatever, I still like him. The first time I watched it, I was not at all wondering if it was fake. I thought he was just plain godly.

Brian Li

How did that one guy slide on the parallel bars freely like that? I didn't see any external forces helping him, frictionless arms?

Marlon

Yea, people are holding up his legs during all the crazy stuff, it's supposed to be funny. And the guy at 2:28 was probly just really sweaty, that or they greased the p-bars

I liked the way they placed that guy in a front lever though, that was was cool :)

Rik de Kort

Jim from BeastSkills posted one with a few russians entering a straddle planche that way. Looked much smoother than the FL in the vid. :P