Gymnastics leg training pakatchka

Started by Jack, October 30, 2008 · 3 Replies · 2,516 Views

Jack

Hi new to the forum but ive been reading through some past posts, one cool thing was the Pakatchka i was wondering do gymnasts perform a lower body routine like this, when i watch mens floor Im amazed at their jumping ability, yet most of the training ive read is upper body oriented. Thanks and happy to be here

Hayden Whealing

Ido portals STICKY: Advanced Training Methods 2 - The Bulgarian Circuit in the dynamic strength forum sounds like it might be what your looking for.

Ido Portal

Before I leave for the US, this Friday, I will try to post a leg Podkatchka I am using myself and with my athletes that requires some basic acrobatics skills, but is fun and challanging. It will also include what I like to call 'the hardest bodyweight leg exercise there is' - The Layzer. Stay tuned.

Hayden Whealing

The Layzer, sounds interesting 8)