Rope width

Started by LIE, May 29, 2012 · 6 Replies · 2,958 Views

LIE

I had one 2inch rope in my house to train cirque and of course OAC I feel a lot stronger day by day

But lately I also attach another rope...it's 1,5inch.in my new house, and train with this for a while,

The first I felt a litle bit tasking on my bicep tendon......I train with this one for about a month, and then when I go back to my older house n train with the 2inch I felt a lot lot lot more stronger with more control.

I wonder....I think that the 2inch will be more difficult rite? But why in my case, I'm having difficulty with 1,5inch??

Thanks for ur opinion

Ian Legrow

Becasue the 1.5" is half an inch shorter it would be more challanging as there is less to grab so you become more relient on your grip.so if you work with the 1.5 for a week or so then go back to the 2", the 2 will seem a little easier

Cole Dano

Width Ian width!

Cole Dano

I know that there is an idea that thicker is always harder, but like everything there are limits. What if you were to try to climb a mountaineering rope, which I think about a half inch thick. It would be very hard right?

It may be you have big hands, or that you are just so used to the two inch rope that going down feels like you don't have enough to wrap your hands around. I have a 1 1/2 inch rope and sometimes it feels that way, but I've never been able to compare to a 2 inch rope.

In any case, don't worry about it just because it goes against 'conventional wisdom'.

Ian Legrow

yes, width, I'm sorry

LIE

Yup like Cole Dano said, I feel like there is not enough room to grab....with the 2inch I can hold the negative for 6-8s

But the other one it's likely 2-3s...I just fall down, and feel more strain in the bicep tendon.

Ian: it's okey thank you for ur share

Cole: thanks, I take ur suggest for not to worry about this :D

Coach Sommer

The 1.5" width is more appropriate for specifically strengthening the brachialis.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer