This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120528

Started by Coach Sommer, May 28, 2012 · 6 Replies · 1,454 Views

Coach Sommer

vTIfss5oF8w

Complete four rounds:

2 – Front Pulls

10 – Naners

2 – Front Pulls

5 – Tuck FL Rows

2 – Front Pulls

1 – 15’ Cirque

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, you will be performing 2 Front Pulls in between each of the assigned FBEs.

2) Adjust the body position as necessary during the Front Pulls. It is not necessary to use the same body position for both the ascent and descent.

3) The Tuck FL Rows should be performed with a slow deliberate motion.

4) If you do not have a rope, substitute 10-15 Towel Pull-ups for the Cirque.

5) Do not rest more than 30 seconds in between exercises. If you are resting more than this or are unable to achieve the RX'd repetitions, you need to scale down the workout to accomodate your current strength levels.

6) Rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

maxellon23

What are Naners?

Rik de Kort
maxellon23 said:
What are Naners?

Progression beyond pullovers. Somewhere around page 110 of the book.

Laggs

First attempt at a WOD. My scaling was pretty terrible at first so I couldn't keep up. No room for naners.

3x6 seconds Adv Tuck FL, Adv tuck BL, and L-sit as FSP warm-up.

Four rounds:

2 Adv Tuck FL Pulls

2,2,1,1 Muscle-Up (focusing on not kipping at all)

2 Adv Tuck FL Pulls

5 Tuck FL Rows

2 Adv Tuck FL Pulls

5 Towel Pull-ups

These workouts look so unassuming on paper... but wow, I'm feeling the most upper-body pump I've felt in a longgg time.

Finished with a few back-to-wall handstand to open up the shoulders and release the lats a little.

Alvaro

Well back to serious work after some months of general truble (things don´t go well here in Spain as you surely know...). I have throwed a WOD here and there, some push ups and handstands but barely maintenance work (serious loss in pulling strength or maybe is the 6 extra kg. I have put since october :? ).

The good news is the free standing HS is regular at 5 sec and some times 10!. So something made a tic this last 2 months, and this with only 10 min work 1 or 2 days a week.

Today:

4x

2 Fl pulls on the lat pull down machine, with 40 kgs. Surely not the intended effect but it pushes up the volume.

10 rows with bended knees on the ground

2 FL pulls

5 pull ups here I noticed a big loss, I had to finish with negatives :(

2 FL pulls

10 rope pull ups with feet on the ground, going down with negatives, boy they burned on my arms!.

I felt like s... today but I was expecting it. As I loose weight and recover training I expect perfomance boost in 2 or 3 weeks.

Craig Wilson

This WOD spanked me. Hard. A better warm up may have helped but not by much I suspect.

All front pulls were done with a full tuck for the ascent and straight body for the descent (in hindsight, body position should've been scaled back on the descenent);

2 front pulls, 8 naners, 2 front pulls, 5 tuck FL rows, 2 front pulls, 5 towel pull-ups;

2 front pulls, 3 naners, 2 front pulls, 4 tuck FL rows, 2 front pulls, 6 towel pull-ups;

1 front pull, 1.5 naners, 1 front pull, 5 tuck FL rows, 5 towel pull-ups;

fighter did not come out for round four, lost this fight.

How are naners supposed to be pronounced anyway?

substance

Wow, thought i had scaled enough but not even close

Rounds: 4

1/2 front lever pull (tuck)*2

TOPS pulls (tuck)*10, 10, 8, 4

1/2 front lever pull (tuck)*2

XR rows*5, 5, 5, 4

1/2 front lever pull (tuck)*2

chinups*5, 3, 3, 5*negatives

*Couldnt do naners cause dont have bar so sub'd TOPS pulls. Absolutly smashed me.

**Rested more than rx'd for this; 1 min between exercises and 3 mins between rounds

Question: Is it better to do 10 negative chinups or 5 full chinups?