Weighted planche pushups.

Started by Tavis G, May 27, 2012 · 3 Replies · 2,568 Views

Tavis G

Hey guys, i can do PPP with 20 lbs extra for reps,(135-140 lbs) And at the beggining of my freshman year(august) I could barely bench 135, does that mean i can bench 135 for reps now? I want to get to double my BW on bench(for me +290 :D ) Using solely Bw stuff.

Nicolas

Easiest way to find out if you can would be to try it :D

Ian Myers

If you're doing those with perdect form, slow tempo, and a hollow, you should be able to press 135 for reps pretty easily. I could bench about 200 last tike I checked, and ppp are pretty challenging for me. Sure, carry over will vary person to person, but if you keep up the work your bench press will increase too.

Rik de Kort

Depends on how your PPP strength was when you benched 135.