This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

My training routine,Right or Wrong

Started by colcio, October 22, 2008 · 4 Replies · 876 Views

colcio

Hi

I am 31 years old, I weigh around 90kg.I train Greco-roman wrestling 5 days a week ,apart from that I do my conditioning training in the morning,I do a lot of body weight exercises ,because i like them and i think they’re functional. I would like you guys to tell me if I am not overdoing, what does it look like comparing to gymnasts strength training, regarding intensity and volume. My main goal is to get stronger body overall and maybe pull some of the gymnastic tricks like PLANCHE,FRONT LEVER AND HSPU WITH NO SUPPORT. Please tell me if I do too much,I feel ok but the strength is not what i would like it to be,on the other hand if i cut on some of the exercises i feel guilty that i don’t work hard enough. Thanks for the help.

Here’s my workout

Monday

1-Pike press(against the wall) 3x8

2-Back extensions(on swiss ball) 3x15

3-Hanging leg raises 3x10

4-V-seat ups (weighted) 3x20

5-Front plunk(straight arms) 60 sec

6-Planche progression(frog stand at the moment)60sec.

Tuesday

1-HSPU against the wall 3x 10,8,6

2-Muscle ups-(weighted)3x 8,6,6(bar)

3-Push-ups-3x 15,10,8 (hands on two medicine balls and leg supported on the swiss ball,hands close to hips)

4-L Chin-ups 3x8,6,6

5-Clap push-ups (clap behind the back) 3x6

6-Pull-ups (weighted) 3x 10,8,8

7-Dips(weighted) 3x 10,8,8

8-Cross holds with dumbbells 3x 20sec.

Wednesday

1-Side bends on swiss ball 3x15 each side

2-Hanging leg twists 3x8 each side

3-Crunches on swiss ball 3x20

4-reverse crunches 3 x20

5-Lever on the bench or floor 3x6

6-Front lever on the bar (tucked knees) 3x 20 sec

Thursday( Supersets)

1-clean & jerk + Russian twists(barbell)

2-Pummeling(kettle bells) + Lunges(with kettle bells)

3-Turkish get-ups + lat pull-down

4-one hand dumbbell press + incline seat ups

I use heavy weight that let me do 6 reps or 6 reps for each hand in pummelling and each leg in lunges. Exception- Turkish get ups, I do 2 reps for each side with 50kg dumbbell.

I also do some hand walking after wrestling sessions.

Friday

I rest on fridays because iwe have sparing day on friday

Saturday

After cardio I do some one-leged squats and squats on swiss ball

Someone told me I should split my upper body weight routine and mix it with the core,right or wrong?

I appreciate all the criticism.

Thanks

Thanks

griffdrc

i wrestle greco too... i use to compete at 84kg but i'm trying to make the jump to 96kg... where do you train?

colcio

Now I have lived and trained for a year in London Peacock Gym,I wrestled most of my life for Poland,I guess the place would not tell you anything.

It used to be a great sport,now we've got new rules, nobody enjoys it anymore. This old idiots in FILA have too much time to waste and make up some idiotic rules.

Take care

griffdrc

thats cool. i've been wanting to do a tour of europe but haven't been able to with school. the sport use to have epic battles and i think it was the greatest feat in athletics (no offense to anyone on the forum) but the new rules have killed the majesty of the sport. matches being decided by the flip of a coin is terrible but i am greatful because the new rules have greatly helped me. i have a good lift and being a young guy in the sport, without the rule change would never be able to use my lift.

perhaps you know one of my coaches... do you know Roman Wroclawski?

colcio

Ofcourse I do, The guy was a world champion,not personally , but I do.