If we are attemting to stay -400 to +400 does that mean that each and every person has a 800 calorie max for meals?
I'm a little guy and broke 900 at lunch today. What have I done to my body???
Started by Chris Cantrell, May 23, 2012 · 5 Replies · 2,605 Views
If we are attemting to stay -400 to +400 does that mean that each and every person has a 800 calorie max for meals?
I'm a little guy and broke 900 at lunch today. What have I done to my body???
You'll die a slow and horrible death because you went over 800 cals. ![]()
The main consequence would be: fat gain.
Come on, it's 100 kcals. Don't sweat it
(Or do! Burn it off!
)
I was mostly joking about the one big meal I ate.
Just curious how it can be that all of us shouldn't eat more than 800 calories at one time. I like using the NT program, and in only three weeks, I can say it is truly working well for me.
But It seems to have either a lot of holes in it, or there are just aspects of the theory and program I do not understand.
Big meal = big insulin spike = fat gain.
My 2 cents: Search for "meal frequency insulin resistance".
In my understanding, big insulin spike in normal individuals do not cause insulin resistance and consequent fat gain. Instead chronic elevated insulin causes the resistance. 6 meals a day have benefits but apparently cause more resistance than 3. Insulin is among the top anabolic hormones so it can be used as a great muscle builder.
Optimal insulin function is tricky... even not eating at the same hour of the day over a week seems to cause resistance.