Aching obliques after handstand work

Started by changpion, May 22, 2012 · 2 Replies · 2,498 Views

changpion

Hi There,

Normally before doing handstand work, I do a short warm up, consisting of pushups, sit ups/leg raises and shoulder warm up exercises. However, after doing hspu and particularly HANDSTAND PRESSES, I have aches and pains from my right obliques for some reason. I am doing something wrong, or is this normal? Should I be doing some sort of oblique warm up, or is it just because of a previous injury or something (don't remember having any such injury) Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question...

Thanks,

Thomas

seiyafan

All I can think of is next time when you do the same exercise have someone look at your form to make sure it is proper.

Cole Dano

Is this a one time occurrence or does it happen every time?

There could be a form issue since it's only on one side, or it may be you just accidentally strained something. Most likely no big deal.