NO PAIN NO GAIN --> Good pain & Bad pain

Started by Michel Hendrickson, May 21, 2012 · 0 Replies · 2,331 Views

Michel Hendrickson

We all know the saying NO PAIN NO GAIN but there is good pain and bad pain. For strength training regimens this is quite obvious. Pain in the muscle because you are working it to the limits is good, but sharp pain in the back when picking something up is bad.

How is this with flexibility work? I am asking this because when I do the exercise called butterfly stretch I feel pain in the hip joint. Yes I don't feel it in the muscles but in the joint. Is that a bad sign? And what should I be doing different?

Also if I do bridges sometimes I feel pain in the spine, I don't think it is good, but I"m unsure how far you should go in these exercises. When I have trained abs and they are sore you feel them stretch when you do a bridge, but normally I don't feel stretch in the abs when I do bridges but I feel it in the spine.