Hi, this is my first post on GB forums so I would like to say hello to all of you. ![]()
What are your experiences on headbalancing? Are there some good progressions to remove hands and start balancing only on your head? From what I see, there internet is stuffed with information about getting into a tripod, then learning HeS presses (straddle and pike) and that's all. No further development of headstand techniques. Do you know of some good training methods or is it just about finding correct body allignment myself?
One thing I started to do are HeS presses with straight hands - they help a little, but obtaining no hand headstand is still so far far away. Maybe reverting the wrists should be the next step? Also, what's the easiest position when headbalancing - legs straddled, and hips slightly flexed? Or maybe straight line is better in the beginning?
The main problem is of course finding a way to deal with overbalancing - once overbalanced I can't go back and it's all about starting over. Maybe a spotting partner would help? Hope you have some nice sugestions.
Some inspiration in the end:
jYwfvF3e1os
Thanks,
Pawel