Static Holds

Started by g.diaz2507, May 17, 2012 · 5 Replies · 3,975 Views

g.diaz2507

I know the basic Statics as taught in BtGB, but in specific, are there more statics that work out other parts of the body?

So far i have:

Planche progressions- i mainly feel it working my shoulders, triceps, and a little core

Front Lever progressions- i mainly feel in Upper back, some biceps, lats, core

Back Lever progressions- i mainly feel shoulders, core, and some lower back

L-sit- i mainly feel in lower chest, triceps, and core

What would be some that could help upper chest, biceps, legs, lower back, and obliques?

Rik de Kort

The body is not a bunch of muscles.

Joshua Naterman
g.diaz2507 said:
I know the basic Statics as taught in BtGB, but in specific, are there more statics that work out other parts of the body?

So far i have:

Planche progressions- i mainly feel it working my shoulders, triceps, and a little core

Front Lever progressions- i mainly feel in Upper back, some biceps, lats, core

Back Lever progressions- i mainly feel shoulders, core, and some lower back

L-sit- i mainly feel in lower chest, triceps, and core

What would be some that could help upper chest, biceps, legs, lower back, and obliques?

Why the focus on statics? Is that all you are doing?

Aaron Griffin
Rik de Kort said:
The body is not a bunch of muscles.

Absolutely. This is the correct answer. I recommend you read this

g.diaz2507

I understand that the body is not a bunch of muscles. I love working my body out as a whole. I guess i just want to find out what different static holds work what...and i want to start incorporating more statics to my work outs to build some initial strength. I noticed a huge increase while i was overseas for a year but have not trained since and that was almost 2years ago. I found for me static training worked best at first and from there i would fluidly transition one move to another. one example is like going from l sit to handstand. it's just really more about how i train...i just wanted to see if there were any statics i was missing out on.

g.diaz2507
phrak said:
Rik de Kort said:
The body is not a bunch of muscles.

Absolutely. This is the correct answer. I recommend you read this

Thank you...i enjoyed that read...guess the question sounded right in my head haha