This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120517

Started by Coach Sommer, May 17, 2012 · 3 Replies · 1,046 Views

Coach Sommer

pTUn2-sF3Hw

Complete four rounds:

5m Senders

5 Box Jumps

5m Senders

10 Squat Jumps

5m Senders

5 Depth Jumps

Finish the workout with 2x30 seconds Weighted Pike Stretch

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, you will be performing 15’ of Senders in between each of the assigned FBEs.

2) The Box Jumps should be performed onto as high a box as possible for all 5 repetitions. An excellent athlete will perform these onto a box that is at least chest high. Add weight with a dumbbell or weight vest if possible. There may be a slight pause in between each of the box jump repetitions.

3) Squat jumps should be done down a vault runway or extended grassy area. To perform the squats jumps, squat down fully and then jump as high as possible. Land, re-squat fully and touch the hands to the ground. This constitutes one repetition. Do not pause in between the repetitions.

4) Remember to focus on jumping high, not far. Continue in this fashion until you have completed all 10 reps of the Squat Jumps without rest.

5) You may add a weight vest to the Squat Jumps if you are strong enough.

6) Depth Jumps - jump off an object 3’-10’ high, bending the knees but not allowing the feet to move or step upon landing. If in doubt go lower rather than higher and remember to BEND the knees upon landing!

7) You may rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

Tyler Schmitz

WOD

4 rounds:

5 m senders (jumping over random objects)

5 box jumps (approx mid stomach level)

5 m senders

10 squat jumps

5 m senders

5 depth jumps (approx 6ft tall or higher)

rested 3 min bet rounds and maybe 30 sec bet exercises

2x30 sec pike stretch

-Was first dynamic leg day I've performed in a long while! Was a cardio workout for me. Guess I won't be playing tennis today...lol

Vincent Stoyas
treemantyler said:

-Was first dynamic leg day I've performed in a long while! Was a cardio workout for me. Guess I won't be playing tennis today...lol

Oh, you play tennis, too? Are you competitive with it? I noticed a stark difference in serving capabilities and body rotation after I started with gymnastics. Have you experienced the same?

Tyler Schmitz
Vincearoo said:

Oh, you play tennis, too? Are you competitive with it? I noticed a stark difference in serving capabilities and body rotation after I started with gymnastics. Have you experienced the same?

Competitively against my playing friends, not as in tournaments and etc. And yes my serve and quickness have definitely improved, on days that the WOD doesn't destroy me lol. Tennis games can get quite intense for sure, but only for bouts at a time, just as Gymnastic Strength Training™ is.